Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) 2023-2024 in conjunction with the University Of Toronto is open to all International Students. The scholarship allows a Masters’s level program (s) in the field of All Subjects taught. The Application deadline for the scholarship is 01 Jun 2023.
The Province allocates OGS 2023 awards to universities specifying the number of awards that each may offer to their students annually.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program 2023 encourages excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario. Ever since 1975, the OGS program has been providing merit-based scholarships to Ontario’s best graduate students in all disciplines of academic study.
Eligibility Criteria for OGS Postgraduate Scholarship in Canada
Ontario Graduate Scholarship eligibility for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- International students who are studying or plan to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa (student study permit) are eligible for a set number of OGS awards (valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline);
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit;
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time basis in 2023-2024;
- Have not exceeded the lifetime maximum of government-funded support or maximum OGS/QEII support available? for their current level of study;
- Have achieved at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); or if the student has completed two years or more of graduate studies at the time of application, the student must only demonstrate an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) on all graduate courses completed.
Who is Eligible for Ontario Graduate Scholarship?
OGS Awards are open to Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents, or Protected Persons under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit;
International students who are studying or plan to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa.
How to Apply For Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) 2023
Applicants must submit an OGS application to their proposed graduate unit using the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application.
Each graduate unit will have its own internal submission deadline to which applicants must adhere. Prior to applying, applicants should review the OGS Application Instructions.
Once the entire application has been completed and submitted online, it will be made available to the proposed graduate unit for review and consideration.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Deadline 2023
OGS 2023 application closing date is June 1, 2023
Visit OGS official website 2023, for more details