GDAI (SOAS) Ph.D. Scholarships 2020 application Form is Out; This PhD scholarships are for African funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
GDAI Ph.D. Scholarships focused on the area of state capacities, governance, and bureaucracy for development. This may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state-business relations, the management of state-owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on. But applications must focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and on development.
To be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER for the Ph.D. by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
Eligibility For This Scholarships are for the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Please provide the following documents:
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- A CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- one academic reference (to be sent directly by the referee to email@example.com)
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Governance for Development in Africa Initiative
Deadline: 31st March 2020