Chevening UK Government Scholarships 2020-2021 To Study in UK is out and Funded; This scholarship gives leaders from all over the world to proceed in one-year master’s degrees in the UK. While there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, we are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Since Chevening was founded in 1983, is has brought over 50,000 outstanding professionals from around the world to study in the UK through scholarships and fellowships funded by the UK government. This unique opportunity has helped to elevate careers, transform communities, shift and deepen perspectives, and build intercontinental bridges.
Eligibility For Chevening Scholarship 2019
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
You must ensure that you meet the minimum work-experience requirement for the scholarship before submitting your Chevening application. Chevening Scholarships require that applicants have at least two years of work experience.
If you do not already have the required level of work experience, you will be unable to submit your application.
Eligible types of work experience
The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies, however, any mandatory employment that counted towards your undergraduate or postgraduate course would not be eligible.
Value of scholarship
a) A full Chevening Scholarship normally comprises:
- Payment of tuition fees (see point 1.2.a in relation to MBA fee caps).
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only.
- An arrival allowance.
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only.
- A departure allowance.
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required.
- A travel top-up allowance.
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside of London. These rates are subject to annual review. Stipend payments will be made to you on or around the 21st of the month for the following full month. Where you arrive in the UK or leave the UK partway through the month, the stipend for that month will be adjusted as appropriate.
5 August 2019 Applications open at 12:00 BST
The deadline will close at 12:00 GMT on 5 November. Please do not leave it to the last minute to submit your application, as late submissions can not be accepted.
6 November 2019 Applications are sifted against eligibility criteria.
Read about Chevening’s eligibility criteria. Mid-November to December 2019 Reading committee assessments
Independent reading committees assess all available applications. Their scores and rankings are then passed back to the British embassy/high commission.
Early to mid-February 2020 Applicants shortlisted for interviews
Once the embassy/high commission has reviewed the applications that were passed on to them, they produce a shortlist of those who they will invite to interview. Congratulations if you make it this far. To prepare for your interview, please read our interview guidance. 25 February 2020 References and education documents deadline.
The deadline to submit two references and education documents is 12:00 GMT (noon). Read about what we require from your references. 2 March to 1 May 2020 Interviews take place.
Panels interview candidates from all over the world at British embassies and high commissions.
From early June 2020 Results
After months of preparation and trepidation, the most active candidates will experience jubilation when interview results are announced.
16 July 2020 Offer deadline
The deadline to meet Chevening’s English language requirement and receive at least one unconditional UK university offer is 17:00 BST. Read about Chevening’s English language requirement.
September/October 2020 Studies begin in the UK.
2020/2021 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK and enter into an international network that they’ll be a part of for the rest of
Deadline: 12:00 GMT on 5 November 2019