DAAD In-country/In-region Ph.D. 2019 Scholarship Programme at AIMS South Africa Application Form Is Out. This scholarship is self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programs.
As part of the “In-Region Scholarship Program” DAAD offers scholarships for Ph.D. studies. The program is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships is postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa) with a Master’s degree who want to pursue Ph.D. courses in South Africa (In-Region scholarships). It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with AIMS by offering up to six In-Region Scholarships for Ph.D. studies in the field of Mathematical Sciences. Students, although registered at UWC, UCT or Stellenbosch University will need to be affiliated to AIMS South Africa either through co-supervision or research collaboration. Students will be required to spend some time at AIMS South Africa throughout their studies.
Who Is Eligibility For DAAD Scholarship
- have completed generally a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above-average results (upper forth of class)
- clearly show motivation and a strong commitment
- have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African Country, excluding South Africa
- should generally be
- staff member of a public university,
- candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment,
- from the public sector
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
DAAD PhD-scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
How To Apply For DAAD In-country/In-region Ph.D. 2019 Scholarship
Kindly click here for more information supplied by DAAD about the programme. You must take careful note of all the instructions regarding forms that need to be completed and provided.
For inquiries contact
DAAD Scholarship 2019 Deadline: 8 November 2019