German Development Bank (KFW) Masters Scholarships 2019-2020 For East African Students; This scholarship is for the East African Community (EAC) to pursue KFW funded Masters Scholarships.
Applications are invited for the above named scholarship programme supported by the German Development Bank (KFW) in collaboration with the East African Community (EAC) and implemented by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA). The goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration.
Applicants are expected to study in countries other than their own in selected universities and programmes. Successful applicants will be offered a comprehensive package including scholarships for the masters programmes, internships, mentoring, networking events and further leadership training activities. The scholarship will support masters students in Mathematics, Engineering, Informatics, Science, Technology and Business Science programmes. IUCEA hereby invites applications from students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States to apply for the KFW funded Masters Scholarships.
The objective of the programme is to train masters scholars who will serve as change agents for regional economic development and integration in the EAC.
- Be citizens of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Possess the required academic qualifications for admission to the programme
- Submit a well written motivation letter in English elaborating on the following:
- Motivation for wanting to pursue a the Masters Programme chosen in section 2 above
- Foreseen professional engagement in EAC Integration agenda after completing the Masters
- Expect application of the acquired skills and knowledge from the Masters Programme to contribute the EAC Integration Agenda
- Personal professional and academic vision in the next 5 to 10 years
Note: Please note that all the above should be covered in one letter of not more than 500 words
- Be below 35 years of age
- Have applied to study in an EAC Partner State other than their country of citizenship
Please submit the following supporting documents together with the application forms
a. Signed curriculum vitae
b. Certified copies of all university degree certificates. Please combine into one file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading.
c. Certified copies of all university transcripts. Please combine into one file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading.
d. If applicable, an official letter confirming release from your employer. The letter must be on letterhead.
e. Recent passport photograph in colour of your full head and upper shoulders.
f. Evidence of citizenship of a Partner State in the East African Community such as copy of national identity card/ passport/birth certificate;
g. A well written motivation letter in English showing the relevance of intended programme of study to the EAC integration and development agenda
Please note the following:
a. A student may apply to more than one University.
b. It is highly recommended that you submit your application well before the closing date for applications, especially if you commonly experience slow Internet speeds or frequent Internet outages.
c. Kindly reduce the sizes of your files as much as possible to make them easier to upload.
d. Preferrably all files including scanned ones should be saved and uploaded in pdf format
e. The maximum size for any complete application is 25 MB.
The deadline for receiving applications is 1st August 2019, not later than 17:00 hours East Africa Time.
How To Apply German Development Bank (KFW) Masters Scholarships 2019
Applications will be submitted through the following process and steps:
- Identify the programme and University of your choice
- Fill the application form for admission to the university (available from the university, visit their website for more details)
- Fill an application form for the scholarship (available on the IUCEA website at http://www.iucea.org;
- Append the supporting documentation for the admission as per university requirements and for the scholarship as per section 7 below;
- Submit both application forms electronically to the University and copy to the following email addresses:
Note: Where universities have online application system, please send the scholarship application form to the specified email addresses
Deadline: 1st August 2019, 17:00 hours, East Africa Time