Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship (Masters & PhD) Programme 2020 Application form Is Out; This is an initiative, which was funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
In 2018, we invested in a total of 1,193 postgraduate scholars, with over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research awarded to date.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, except for those funded by our strategic funding partners.
The programme provides outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest. Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
- Call open – 5 September 2019
- FAQ deadline – 24 October 2019
- Applicant deadline – 16:00 (Irish time) 31 October 2019
- Supervisor and referee deadline – 16:00 (Irish time) 7 November 2019
- Research office endorsement deadline – 16:00 (Irish time) 14 November 2019
- Call outcome – End of March 2020
- Scholarship start date – 1 September 2020
Deadline: 24 October 2019
" I Couldn't Satisfy My Wife In Bed, But These Simple Solutions Really WORKED! - Click Here To See My Breakthrough."