University of Michigan African Presidential Scholarship (UMAPS) 2020-2021 Programme To Study in USA ; The UMAPS scholarships is a USA scholarship for Africa and will be to hosting two cohorts per year (August to December, and January to May). Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their preference for a particular group during the application process.
University of Michigan presidential scholarship (UMAPS) accepts direct applications from faculty members of colleges or universities in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, and Uganda.
Faculty members of colleges and universities in all other African countries can only apply to the UMAPS program upon nomination by a U-M faculty member with whom they have a pre-existing relationship.
Eligibility For UMAPS Scholarship
- Be an early career faculty member who has taught in the higher education system for less than ten years, presently teaching in a college or university in Africa
- Be able to demonstrate support from home institution with a letter of recommendation from the head of department, dean, or vice-chancellor
- Be ready to remain in residence for five months
Applicants outside of Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, or Uganda must be nominated by a University of Michigan faculty member with whom the interested applicant already has a pre-existing/established relationship.
- Previous recipients of the UMAPS fellowship are not eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applicants without extensive international experience outside the continent.
- Only applications submitted through the online system will be considered.
- Upon receipt of the U-M faculty’s nomination form, ASC will send the invitation to apply to the potential candidate.
How To Apply For University of Michigan African Presidential scholarship 2020 Programme
- Complete the online application form » (This link can only be used by applicants from the following countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, or Uganda)
- Upload a curriculum vitae using the online application
- Upload a scholarly program/research proposal (not to exceed five pages)
- Appeals from a wide range of disciplines and schools are welcome; applications that align with the center’s initiatives—AHHI, ASRI, and STEM-Africa—are encouraged
- Provide complete name and contact information of the department head, dean, or vice-chancellor at the applicant’s home institution who will be writing their letter of support
Deadline: October 15, 2019