University of Cape Town Institute for Creative Arts (ICA) Masters Scholarships 2020-2021 for Africans; invites applications for MA Study in Live Art, Interdisciplinary and Public Art.
About ICA Live Art Festival
The ICA is an interdisciplinary institute in the University of Cape Town’s Humanities Faculty that facilitates new collaborative research projects, particularly in the Creative and Performing Arts. Interdisciplinarity, Live Art and Public Spheres are key themes of the Institute, and plans are imbued with innovation, collaboration, and dialogue with urbanism and community.
Provision for scholarships valued at R100 000 per annum.
The Institute for Creative Arts(ICA) at the University of Cape Town invites applications for MA Study in Live Art, Interdisciplinary and Public Art from 2020-2021. Choreographers, visual artists, performers, directors, composers, curators as well as creative and performing arts researchers are all invited to apply.
Interdisciplinary conversations, inclusive of such hybrid forms as site-specific performance, mixed-media performance, post-dramatic theatre, contemporary dance, live art (or performance art), performance curation.
Interdisciplinary study about cultural and socio-political contexts.
Sites for study include:
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Performance Art / Live Art
- Live Art in South Africa and other parts of the African continent
- Decolonial imaginaries, the decolonial body and the body as text and site of contestation
- Spectatorship and relationships with a viewing, audience involvement
- Site specificity and the creative and performing arts
- The creation of Public Spheres: open-access spaces for the production and reception of creative and performing arts events and discourse.
How To Apply For ICA Masters Scholarships 2020
Visit http://www.ica.uct.ac.za/ica/webform/MAApplications where you will be required to submit an Expression of Interest comprised of the following:
- Name, Surname, Nationality, Address, Contact Numbers, Passport/ID number and Email
- Proposed Research Area and Thesis (max 300 words)
- Indicate whether you wish to pursue the study even if your application for a full scholarship is unsuccessful
Once the selection committee has reviewed the Expressions of Interest, the ICA will approach a shortlist of candidates to submit a formal application with a full proposal.
All candidates are encouraged to apply and in particular black South African women.
Deadline: 4 pm, Friday, 30 August 2019.