Apply For Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Application Form 2020 for South Africans Is Opened; It’s an Undergraduate Bursary Programme which collaborated with some South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives.
The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities, and the country. Scholarships are awarded to underprivileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
Since inception, the Foundation has funded more than 90 students pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning. Going forward, the Foundation targets to support 65 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
Selection criteria include:
- Good to excellent matric results or academic performance (if already registered at University)
- A dedication to their studies and a willingness to meaningfully participate in upliftment programmes existing in the communities from which they emanate
- A highly competitive selection process ensures these bursaries are accessed and utilized by students with the most exceptional promise.
Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion, the Foundation is available to assist the best students in accessing career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
The program aims:
- To promote equity in the workplace by supporting keen black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications
- To help address the skills shortage in the economy
- To address the challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
Eligibility For Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must be South African citizens
- You must be from the previously disadvantaged groups as outlined by the South African government (Black, Coloured or Indian)
- Must have excellent matric results with a minimum average of 70%.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full-time student a minimum of 65% average.
- Must be financially needy and unemployed.
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
How To Apply For Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme 2020
Interested candidate should CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Deadline: 30th of September 2019.