Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2018 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to use effective verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to read and understand warning signs, operating instructions for equipment and jobsite safety;
- Must be able to understand various labor assignments sufficiently to be able to work for several hours without supervision;
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
DUTIES AND ROLES
- Prepare the layout of the project;
- Select quality and viable materials needed for construction purpose;
- Perform all job related duties requested by supervisor;
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure the quality of work done and check if everything is level and secure.
- Using pick, shovel and wheelbarrow to lift, carry and hold building materials, tools, and supplies;
- Cleaning tools, equipment, material, and work areas;
- Performing cleaning, compacting, grading, painting, sanding or stripping operations;
- Producing quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.