Canon Collins Trust LLB Scholarships 2020 To Study In South Africa; The Leigh Day Scholarships are for fourth-year study in law at the University of Fort Hare.
Law and human rights have long been within our priority areas for awarding scholarships. By investing in future members of South Africa’s legal profession, we hope to support a new generation of leaders to develop legal systems which are and equitable.
This scholarship is generously supported by Leigh Day & Co, a London law firm specializing in personal injury and human rights law.
Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 2nd and 3rd-year students (going into their 3rd and 4th year in 2020) studying for an LLB at the University of Fort Hare. We will provide funding for a maximum of two years. Awards in 2020 will be R40,000, per academic year.
This will be paid into your student account, so initially, it will go towards the cost of your fees, and any remaining funds can be used for accommodation, books, or other purposes relevant to your studies.
Applicants must be:
- a national of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement
- A 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate of Law student at the University of Fort Hare.
How To Apply For Canon Collins Trust LLB Scholarships 2020
The application form is of primary importance as it serves as the basis for assessment. Please do not type in block capitals.
The form should be completed on a computer and submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and surname in the subject line of the email.
The following supporting documents must be included, and should ideally be sent with the application form in a single email. If this is not possible you may send other email(s), but please make sure it is clearly labeled with your name.
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees ( academic or professional)
- ID document (passport, birth certificate, driving license)You should ask your referees to write a reference that relates to your application for this scholarship. It should outline your strengths as an applicant, demonstrate your capacity to study at the level required and identify your potential impact in the future.
You can submit your references with all the other supporting documents or, should your referee prefer to provide their reference directly, ask them to email it straight to email@example.com.
They must clearly label the email with your name. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the references are sent to us by the deadline.
- The deadline for applications is Sunday 15th September 2019.
- Late applications will not be considered. We will interview shortlisted applicants at the University of Fort Hare.
- They will most likely take place week beginning 28th October 2019. Please make sure you are available for an interview this week. We will let you know the outcome of your application in November 2019.
Deadline: Sunday, 15th September 2019.