Bunker Hill Community College Tuition is regarded as one of the best and largest community colleges in Massachusetts, enrolling more than 19,000 students on its campuses.
The college has 2 main campuses coupled with the 3 satellite campuses that are, Charlestown Campus, Everett High School Instructional Site, Malden Satellite, and Chelsea Campus.
Boston Hill Community College which is an acronym that goes as BHCC was established in 1973 and was certified by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
It is one of the most affordable community colleges in Massachusetts and offers more than 100 courses with certificate programs, associate degree programs, and transfer programs that enable the student to make a smooth transition into a 4-year program educational institution.
The maximum age for entry into BHCC is 26, the college has flexible time as most students work part-time or full-time while attending the institution. It is one of the most diverse and international student-friendly institutions in Boston as it enrolls more than 1000 foreign students comprising African-Americans, Caucasians, and Latinos who come from about 105 countries and speak more than 75 languages.
Being located in one of the oldest cities in the United States and having a thriving metropolis has certain perks. The city of Boston has more than 100 colleges and as a result, the city is filled with young graduates, students, and young professionals giving the city a vibrant vibe it and a suitable place for learning.
The supply of colleges has also made the city a perfect ground for innovations and research, and is home to a dozen museums, art organizations, and major sports teams. Some of BHCC’s popular alumni are Misael Carrasquillo who earned a meritorious award serving as a US marine in Afghanistan in 2011, Dana Rosenblatt a boxer, Stephen Stat Smith a state representative, Bob Kelly a comedian, and many others.
Why BHCC is the best community college for you
As I said at the beginning of this article, the state of Massachusetts has 15 community colleges and BHCC tops the best in terms of educational excellence and is considered the largest. If you’ve your eyes set on BHCC, I think that’s a wonderful choice and you should definitely go with it. Below are some reasons why BHCC is a perfect choice for you;
- Affordability: With affordable tuition of $7.323 annually and about 67% of its students on financial aid, BHCC becomes the perfect solution for inter-low-income earners.
- Diversity: BHCC is regarded as one of the most diversified colleges in Massachusetts. The institution values its international students and incorporates programs that are friendly to them, having more than 1000 foreign students from about 105 countries makes BHCC a cosmopolitan institution. With an active international center that provides international and intercultural programs to all BHCC students, faculties, and staff as well, and offers a range of practical, academic, and personal services to international students. Its international center was awarded the International & Intercultural Achievement award by the American Council for International Intercultural Education, in recognition of its excellence.
- Small classes: With only 19 persons per class, students are able to learn in a healthy, knowledge-infused environment.
- Flexibility: Students at BHCC can combine education with either working part or full-time. With about 5 campuses altogether, students have a variety of options. It also offers day, evening, and online-based classes. Students may personalize these options to suit their needs and lifestyles.
- Easy admission and high acceptance rate: The College makes it easy for you to gain admission with a 100% acceptance rate. The staff and faculty heads are helpful and friendly to applicants of the College with an aim to make the admission process easy and stress-free.
Bunker Hill Community College tuition
The average tuition and fees of Massachusetts residents in Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) are $4,704 and out-of-state students pay $9,648. There’s also the availability of grant or scholarships aid
Bunker Hill Community College Job
Job offer is available for the following position at BHCC:
Associate Dean of the Library and Learning Commons
Associate Provost in Charlestown Campus
Chief Equity and Compliance Officer (CECO)
AAPI Success Coach (Academic Counselor)-Advising & Life Map-reopen
Special Programs Coordinator-Student Center Bunker Hill Community College Email
Qualified applicants must align with Bunker Hill Community College institutional values such as excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Applicants must be committed to investing in the social and economic well-being of all students
Bunker Hill Community College Email
Staff, Faculty, and Students of Bunker Hill Community College can access the institution via email at www.email.bhcc.edu/owa or [email protected].
Students seeking inquiries about admission can email [email protected]
Bunker Hill Community College Nursing
Bunker Hill Community College’s nursing program was certified by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (N.L.N.A.C.) and also endorsed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Admission Requirements for the nursing program include a High School diploma or GED with credits in College Writing, Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, Fundamentals of Algebra
Bunker Hill Community College Address
The Bunker community college is situated at 250 Rutherford Ave, Boston, MA 02129, in the United States
Bunker Hill Community College Academic Calendar
Classes for Summer 2021 start on June 1
Classes for fall 2021 start on September 8
Classes for the Winter 2022 Session begin on January 4
Classes for the Spring 2022 session starts on January 25
Classes for the Summer 2022 session start June 7
Bunker Hill Community College Hours
The college is open from Monday to Friday from 9 am – 5 am. The college observes all public holidays in the US.
Bunker Hill Community College Courses
The college offers 2-3-year courses ranging from economics, nursing, psychology, etc.
Bunker Hill Community College Admission
BHCC is a great college to enroll in for all foreign students. The remains, 30% of its admitted students are mostly international students from over 100 countries making BHCC the best place for you. If you want to study in an institution that offers excellent programs with an outstanding faculty, individualized attention, and opportunities to make life-long relationships, BHCC is ideal for you. The following is required from international students;
- Transcripts from all the schools you have attended. If the documents are not in English, they must be translated into English by a translation agency.
- For international students who are not well versed in English or English language, not their first language, they must submit a test showing proficiency in the English language or if the English language was the primary language in the college they attended, a test result in English language, developmental reading or even literature in English will be sufficient to show proficiency in the English language. Provided the test result is a grade C. A letter from the principal of the English-speaking institution you attended attesting proficiency in the English language will suffice. Boston residents that can satisfy the language proficiency test can contact the international center to learn other options. Applicants that come from English-speaking countries like Uk, Nigeria, and Canada, are sparedMatriculated and enrolled full-time (12 credits or more) at BHCC at the time of application unless otherwise noted in the scholarship eligibility criteria from the test.
- Bank or financial statements; applicants must submit bank statements showing that they can afford tuition and housing expenses for at least a year. Such bank statements must not be more than 6 months and in the case of students sponsored by an organization or a government agency, a letter of financial guarantee will suffice.
- Copy of passport; Note: international students with F-1 Visa must be enrolled as full-time students in accordance with US immigration laws. Full-time studies are required to take a minimum of 12 credit courses. For programs with less than 12 credit courses, students might be required to take on more coursework to satisfy the immigration law.
Forms to fill out as an international student;
- Affidavit of support form: This is necessary for international students being sponsored by either a Government agency, organization, or company. This form is accompanied by a bank statement not less than 6 months.
- 1-20 extension application forms.
- Invitation letter information: This letter is necessary if the student wishes to invite family members to visit.
- Last semester status application.
- Overview request for reduced course load due to a medical condition if applicable.
- Reduced course load form.
- Transfer request form
All these forms can be filled out online at Bunker Hill Community College’s official website here www.bhcc.edu
2022 Bunker Hill Community Acceptance rate
BHCC is an open-admission policy institution. This means that the college has an acceptance rate of 100%
Bunker Hill Community College Scholarship
To be eligible for the Bunker Hill Community College Scholarship, applicants must be;
Matriculated and also applied for the full-time (having 12 credits or more) as at the time of BHCC application, unless otherwise noted in the scholarship requirements criteria;
Attending BHCC during the Spring 2021 semester;
Have no In-Progress (IP) grades at the time of the scholarship application deadline; and
Posses at least a minimum number of credits and/or cumulative GPA placed on the scholarship.
When scholarship eligibility criteria require a minimum number of credits or grade point average earned, only college-level courses (numbered 100 and above) are taken at Bunker Hill Community College.
All students are welcome to apply regardless of status. Find Bhcc scholarship application forms here www.bhcc.edu/scholarships
Frequently Asked Questions
What GPA do you need to get Bunker hill College Admission?
BHCC is an open-admission policy institution. There is a required threshold for GPA, SAT, or ACT. Applicants with a High School Diploma/GED are considered for admission. New admission is often granted continually throughout the year.
Where is Bunker Hill Community College?
The college is located in Massachusetts, precisely at 250 Rutherford Ave, Boston, MA 02129, United States
Bunker Hill Community College how to get a Syllabus?
The college operates a 9-week syllabus. Find more information here www.bhcc.edu/corporatetraining/pmpexampreparation/pmpexampreparation-nineweekendsyllabus/
How much does the dean at bunker hill community college make?
A dean at BHCC makes an average salary of $82,892 annually. This is 10% Above the national average. The Salary is estimated from past and present employees’ salaries in the past 36 months.