Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2020 Application Form for African orphans; These scholarships are for orphans in Africa, which aim to contribute to Sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad. We support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree). Ashinaga support covers tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
Eligibility for Ashinaga Africa Scholarship
- Have lost one or both parents;
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after September 1st, 2018, including all of 2018 and 2019) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2020.
- Were born after September 1st, 1998;
- Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class;
- Be committed to returning home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- (See the full list of requirements here)
Deadline: December 16th, 2019