Armed Security Officer Is Needed at Westover Hills CHRISTUS Health – Apply Now!
Uniformed position, Armed Security Officer’s duties include being a visible deterrent to criminal activity, providing security for patients, Associates and visitors, protecting and patrolling hospital buildings, assets, and premises as assigned.
The Armed Security Officer is responsible for responding to all emergency codes, internal/external disaster events as needed and/or requested, conducting preliminary investigations of reported incidents, and performing other security-related tasks as directed by a security supervisor/and or Manager
- Conducts frequent security patrols of the facilities and grounds as assigned.
- Identifies and reports trends related to security issues. Recommends actions.
- Takes initial information for an incident report, uses proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, notes only the facts, leaves out personal opinions, and submits report promptly (no later than the end of the assigned shift). Responds promptly to all service requests relayed by a supervisor, telephone, pass-on, email, radio, cell phone, and other correspondence courteously and expeditiously.
- According to policy, it responds to the collection, inventory, and return of lost and found items, patient valuables, medication, and personal property.
- Enforces all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of CHRISTUS Health and the state laws in which CHRISTUS is doing business.
- Controls and enforces facility parking through the use of patrols, violation warning citations, towing, booting, and explanation of rules as applicable.
- Assists clinical/non-clinical Associates with combative patients or visitors.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned client care responsibilities in a way that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of persons served by the department.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge in the operation of the Attendant Console, Paging System, security radio/dispatch system, operations of the Digital Video Recorder (NVR) security monitors (CCTV), and the general overhead paging system.
- Must be proficient with using a PC to generate electronic daily activity security reports, incident reports, emails, and other applicable electronic correspondence during the performance of duties.
- Promotes a safe environment by reporting safety hazards observed (broken water/sprinkler lines, burned out internal/external lighting, smoke/gas odors, tripping hazards, etc.) during the performance of security rounds.
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the physical, cultural, age-specific, and other developmental needs of each person served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post-offer assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report (PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical interview by a third personal psychologist.
Qualification For Armed Security Job:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff, patients, and visitors, especially under challenging circumstances.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to make immediate decisions about laws, policies, and procedures.
- Must possess a motor vehicle license
- Demonstrated competence with a handgun, hand cuffs, baton, non-crisis intervention certification, and two-way radios.
- Frequent exposure to aggressive behavior and emotionally charged situations.
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions such as fires, chemical spills, and flooding.
- Frequent exposure to heat and cold from external weather conditions.
- Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk all areas of the facilities and grounds, to restrain those who need restraint, and be able to assist nursing staff with lifting patients
- Minimum two (2) years of armed security experience (may be substituted by Honorable Military Service).
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Level 3 Certification (Texas).
- For Texas, an operational level three security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
Requires an active level three security officer commission with the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board.
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission course(TDPSPSB) must obtain their security commission before date of hire and; 1) the officer’s commission pocket card is active 2) the officer’s commission pocket card is in possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- New hires in New Mexico who have completed the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board level three training requirements must obtain their security commission before date of hire and; 1) the officer’s commission card is active 2) the officer’s commission card is in possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a notarized letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- New hires in Louisiana may not wear their weapon on duty until they have completed 40 hours of training, and the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a notarized letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days of hire.
Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training must be completed prior to a letter of authorization to carry is issued.
IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one year of full-time employment.
Will be required to take random drug test screening.
Valid Drivers’ license
The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must be completed (online or in-seat):
oIS – 100.c
oIS – 200.b
oIS – 230.d
How To Apply For An Armed Security Job At CHRISTUS Health
Qualified applicant should apply via CHRISTUS Health Job Website